Friday, March 27, 2009

I Have Returned

So, my hiatus from writing/work went ok. I am back to writing once again. However, I have decided not to do anymore editing on NoN until it gets back from being professionally evaluated. I fear I am destroying it. Eeek!

In the meantime, I am working on a comedy, probably YA, that is a contemporary. No sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc, elements are in its makeup. The lighter tone is less stressful on me while I am feeling not-so-good. And I think this book, which is a stand-alone, will be a lot easier to market than NoN.

Nightmares of Nevaeh, the Nevaeh Series really, is my magnum opus -- I don't think of it as a plural because it feels more like a project. Once the series is completed and on the shelves, I think I will be satisfied with my work in general, more or less. I'm feeling the pressure to publish. These things never move quickly, but I can't tell the anxiety that...it just won't listen. :)

Not much else to say. I have lots of health stuff going on, but that isn't unusual for me. And I am very tired. Still, I am enjoying the time I spend on this comedy. Right now, that has to be good enough.

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment