Friday, January 22, 2010

Here In PA

So, I'm in PA. Mom is with me--hella rad! Trace Face has been teaching me the latest in "high school speak" (if you didn't notice) and that makes me laugh more often than not. She has a great sense of humor. It's working out wonderfully for my writing, too.

The trip was pretty dull until we hit the mountains in PA. The tips of the trees were ice covered and a blanket of mist shrouded the road, as well as the surrounding hillsides. Everything had a kind of eerie, solemn, and yet beautiful look to it. Of course, that happened to be the part of the trip you paid a toll to drive through. I guess you get what you pay for, right?

The drive took nine hours. I didn't expect quite that. But I wanted to come and learn from Janet Reid very much. So here I am. I'm nervous and tired...still thrilled.

I had a clumsy moment getting out of the car when we got to the hotel. But that is a story for a later blog, when I see if I can add to it with a horror story or two from tomorrow. After all, there is plenty of time to embarrass my myself then. And why not make a whole blog post of laughs? Yeah...

Well, I need to get some work done.

Later!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment